Facebook Password Reset – Facebook requires to enter a combination of email or phone number and password for you to your Facebook account. The nightmare starts when you can’t remember your Facebook password. After trying all the necessary combinations you remember but none of them seem to work at all. It can be really frustrating since your Facebook account contains all the personal messages you’ve received, all important and your entire profile information that you can’t afford to lose.
That’s why you need to have an in depth knowledge on Facebook password reset. Yeah, Facebook has a program to reset your password and also give you the ability to set up a new password for your Facebook account by following simple procedures. In this guide we would teach you all about Facebook password reset, recovering and regaining access to your account.
Facebook Password Reset Using Default Email
All Facebook account is created by using either an existing email or a phone number. So if you give Facebook access to the email account ID then Facebook can reset the password. Kindly follow the steps given below and you should be able to reset your Facebook password quickly.
- Open www.Facebook.com from your computer using your default internet browser or any other browser.
- Click on “Forgot Password” below your login field.
- On the next page, you would see your Password reset options. Choose the first option to use the default password that is been used for your current email ID.
- A message would pop up that will ask you to continue and also permission to access your Email account.
Now you can create a new password, ensure it easy to remember.
Facebook Password Reset Using Recovery Email
This procedure is the same above but with a few different tweaks.
- Follow step 1-3 from the Facebook password reset using default email while on the Facebook password reset options select “Email me a link to reset my password” and press continue.
- You would receive mail in your email from Facebook with 6 digit code in your recovery that you will required to enter on the next page. Click on “Click here to change your password”.
- Type in the password reset code and click “Change Password”
- Enter a new password that you remember and confirm the changes.
Facebook Password Reset Using Your Phone Number
If you have linked a phone number to your Facebook account, choose the third option from the Facebook Password Reset Page, which says “Get a code from my smartphone” and continue.
A security code would be sent to your phone number not your email, click continue and type in the code.
You can also make use of a password manager app like lastpass if you have problem remember them. It saves and stores all account information in one location that’s convenient and easily accessible.